Skip to main content

Current Events -20 Months

 It’s a snow day, finally! On this cold, cooped up pajama day, I am spending time watching the girls and thinking about how many new things they do everyday. I am terrible at remembering this stuff, and almost as terrible at writing it down. So, I decided to make an update blog that I can look back at, and anyone who is interested can check out to keep up with the current events with G and O.

They are petite little ladies, with their 18 month pants falling to the floor.

Georgia is doing all kinds of talking. She likes to repeat EVERYTHING, even “Nien, nien, NIEN!” from the Turbo Tax commercial.

Olive tries to make us think that she can’t talk as much as Georgia, but we catch her slipping sometimes with some very well annunciated words including “TONY!”.

They can say just about any word, if you can get them to participate and mimic you. They seem to understand just about everything we say, which is kind of scary!

Here are some of their favorite sentences:
“Wookie at dis.”
“Where sissy?”
“Don’t touch!”
“Wuv you, Mommy.”
“Where’d it go?”
“Wha happened?”
“Wha you doing?”
“Iss kay, bebe.” –when their babies are crying
“Get back here!”
“Go aside?” –they don’t get out much lately
“Iss Cooold!” – every time we step outside.

When I count, they both fill in missing numbers, but Olive loves to count everything and every number is 2.

The girls are still loving Sesame Street, and I think their favorite character is Cookie Monster. They share a love of sweets! If I played episodes back to back all day, I think they would watch all of it. But it is the only kid’s show they really like, and they aren’t crazy about any cartoons. I think they would rather watch the news than Disney Jr.

They have been in a fix of meatballs, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and cookies; although, they did love the fried pickles at Mark’s Feed Store last night.

Neither girl can sleep without a “bankie” and a “paci”. They are down to one good nap a day, and usually sleeping well at night.

They love their pup “Fint”, even if he only wants to steal cookies and cheese sticks from them.

They are learning how to express their emotions. They each have a sad, happy, and angry face and will sometimes do them on command- of course not on camera though. Georgia will even stop chasing Olive around to tell me she is happy. It’s the sweetest.

They both love to sneak into another room, and then come back either missing clothes or wearing extra clothes.

Playtime means…
stacking blocks- and counting 2, 2, 2, 2, 2
pouring pretend tea (and blowing on it because it’s hot)
soothing their constantly crying baby dolls
chasing each other all over the house and running into walls
playing with their animals and ark (and making animal noises)
tickling and smelling everyone’s feet
giving hugs (“big skeeze”)
emptying all their toys on the floor
emptying their blanket basket and making a bed on the floor to pretend nap on
putting the blankets back in the basket to just start all over (“keen up”)
drawing or writing very seriously
reading The Three Bears or Goodnight Moon
sorting and counting buttons and pompoms
jumping on the couch and having a pillow fight

Their hair just seems to keep getting bigger, instead of longer. It’s pretty curly, and the bedhead is serious! They don’t like me to mess with it much, so they usually just have bedhead all the time.

Since G and O aren’t real good at sitting still, and they are awesome at squirming their way out of any confinement, going out to eat is always a challenge. We usually end up with both phones playing “Elmo’s World” on youtube and taking short breaks from the table to “look around” with the kid who happens to be losing it at that moment. I ended up eating soupy ice cream, while standing over the table (where the bowl of ice cream was), and holding a screaming kid who wanted to wash her hands in the ice cream.

Georgia is a bossy pants, and Olive is a sweetheart. Georgia is dramatic, and Olive is usually laid back. Georgia is a thinker, and Olive is a doer.  They are both awesome!



So, there is literally NEVER a dull or slightly quiet or relaxing moment in our home… but it is so full of joy! We are blessed, grace upon grace!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Get One Nice Photo...

To get one nice photo of two babies, you go through many many not so nice ones. Some are hilarious and even more entertaining than the "nice" photo, but they are definitely not what you were going for. Here is our latest collection of Christmas photo outtakes for your viewing pleasure. The Party Face Photo HAHAHA The Cutest Fat Baby Ever Photo The Protective Serious Big Sister Photo The Merry and Right Photo The Ear Rubber Photo The Too Much Flash Photo The "Ohhh, Nice Glitter!" Photo The Falling Baby Photo The Baby Wrestling Photo The Cough Photo (My Favorite) The Head Punch Photo The Head Butt Photo The Flipper Photo The "What the heck are you doing? Photo The "For Real?" Photo and the two winners…. Merry Christmas from Georgia and Olive!

Truly Becoming a Mother

10 months ago, I became a mother. I had been looking forward to that day my whole life. I grew up around lots of babies. I work with kids. I loved on other people’s children working in church. I wanted my own! I wanted to feel that love that mothers feel. Honestly though, I didn’t feel it. I felt the physical pain, I felt the amazement at how two real people with arms and legs and working organs came from inside of me, I felt their hearts beat as they laid on me, I felt awestruck at the beauty of my daughters, I felt some depression because I realized my previous life was over, and I felt guilt for that depression. But, I didn’t feel like a mother. I didn’t have that immediate connection with my babies. I didn’t have that “love at first sight” feeling. Until now, I’ve only told one person that because I thought it meant I was a terrible human being and I could never be a good mother. As they’ve grown and I’ve grown, I have become more than a mother. I’m a “Mom Mom”! Now I feel

A Public Happy Anniversary

It’s hard to believe it has been 5 years since we got married! It’s even harder to believe that it’s been 12 years since our worlds happily collided! To say happy anniversary, I’d like reminisce on a few of our most memorable married moments. -        Our little wedding in Savannah, Georgia. It was so hot, and we were happy for the light rain and to jump into the fountain.  People say they don’t want to elope because they will one day regret not having a big wedding. I’ve never regretted a single thing about it! It was perfect for us! -        Your lost puppy-dog face the whole time we were at Disney World for our honeymoon. I think you wanted to have children for an excuse to go back! -        The financial struggle we went through during our first year of marriage and the thankfulness we will always have for what God’s blessed us with since then. We truly have been favored. -        The ice storm. I think everyone who lived in KY during January 200