Skip to main content

The Classroom 2016-2017

Welcome to our classroom! 
(Disclaimer: My photos are not great quality and the room is always a work in progress.)

Doing morning work at our various workspaces. We have named the areas; the shortie table, the kitchen table, the high top table, desks, the blacktop table, the yellow table, and the coffee table. The couch and recliner are only for independent reading when work is finished. Whole group lessons are always done while gathered on the carpet. The flexible seating has taken a lot of guidance, but its going great now. 

The sink area cabinets are decorated and I love it. It's like having even more books! Everything is labeled for my ELL student, and so all my students can be problem solvers and find things for themselves easily! Life saver.

Supplies, computers, expectation posters, and watercolors.

Turn in trays for each class- I decided to put it far from my desk, because kids always want to lay stuff of the desk or put it in my hand. BIG MISTAKE! I will lose it every time!

My ongoing stash of Spanish books for ELL students. 

Anchor Chart hanger. This makes all our "anchored" learning accessible for reference at any time.
Readers are Leaders board- I have been taking photos of all my 75 students reading independently to add to this. Just waiting on that Groovebook now.
Window art made by markers on coffee filters, then sprayed with a water bottle. It really brightens up the room!
The everything work station! 
I never know what to put on bulletin boards... this one usually gets covered in student art work. Right now, it's just our schedules and class leadership roles. Everyone has a job, and their pay depends on their quality of work. ;)
BOOKS BOOKS EVERYWHERE! My books are leveled and color coded using their Lexile number. This makes the librarians' job a lot easier. This is one of 5 book shelves. 
We started the year with a shared reading of Bridge to Terabithia, then we took a day to watch the movie and compare.
My inspiration wall. A drawing and a letter from previous students. Way better than hanging those college degrees!

All things for lesson plans, anecdotal notes, and emergency subs!
Hanging art portfolios- I bought sticker prongs on Amazon, stuck them on colorful cardstock, added each kiddo's name, and now we will just keep adding their new artwork. At the end of the year, they have a bundle to take home.

And just in case... COFFEE. The kids actually love when I make coffee in the room. It makes us all feel at home. Haha.

Y'all come back now, ya hear!?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Get One Nice Photo...

To get one nice photo of two babies, you go through many many not so nice ones. Some are hilarious and even more entertaining than the "nice" photo, but they are definitely not what you were going for. Here is our latest collection of Christmas photo outtakes for your viewing pleasure. The Party Face Photo HAHAHA The Cutest Fat Baby Ever Photo The Protective Serious Big Sister Photo The Merry and Right Photo The Ear Rubber Photo The Too Much Flash Photo The "Ohhh, Nice Glitter!" Photo The Falling Baby Photo The Baby Wrestling Photo The Cough Photo (My Favorite) The Head Punch Photo The Head Butt Photo The Flipper Photo The "What the heck are you doing? Photo The "For Real?" Photo and the two winners…. Merry Christmas from Georgia and Olive!

Truly Becoming a Mother

10 months ago, I became a mother. I had been looking forward to that day my whole life. I grew up around lots of babies. I work with kids. I loved on other people’s children working in church. I wanted my own! I wanted to feel that love that mothers feel. Honestly though, I didn’t feel it. I felt the physical pain, I felt the amazement at how two real people with arms and legs and working organs came from inside of me, I felt their hearts beat as they laid on me, I felt awestruck at the beauty of my daughters, I felt some depression because I realized my previous life was over, and I felt guilt for that depression. But, I didn’t feel like a mother. I didn’t have that immediate connection with my babies. I didn’t have that “love at first sight” feeling. Until now, I’ve only told one person that because I thought it meant I was a terrible human being and I could never be a good mother. As they’ve grown and I’ve grown, I have become more than a mother. I’m a “Mom Mom”! Now I feel

A Public Happy Anniversary

It’s hard to believe it has been 5 years since we got married! It’s even harder to believe that it’s been 12 years since our worlds happily collided! To say happy anniversary, I’d like reminisce on a few of our most memorable married moments. -        Our little wedding in Savannah, Georgia. It was so hot, and we were happy for the light rain and to jump into the fountain.  People say they don’t want to elope because they will one day regret not having a big wedding. I’ve never regretted a single thing about it! It was perfect for us! -        Your lost puppy-dog face the whole time we were at Disney World for our honeymoon. I think you wanted to have children for an excuse to go back! -        The financial struggle we went through during our first year of marriage and the thankfulness we will always have for what God’s blessed us with since then. We truly have been favored. -        The ice storm. I think everyone who lived in KY during January 200